Answer: Unfortunately, we have very little technical data for boats built prior to 2001. Here are some resources that you might find helpful.
- The Mariners' Museum in Newport News, Virginia has an extensive collection of memorabilia, data, drawings and photographs. You can also e-mail them at email@example.com.
- The Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club has lots of information on their Web site, including a Wiki all about antique boats (add your knowledge here!), and archived data, drawings, photographs and articles.
- The Chris-Craft Commander Club has a broad base of owners and experts on that model range.
- The Chris-Craft Commander Forum has many more details and pictures about Commanders.
- Chris-Craft: The Essential Guide catalogs every model ever built by the company. You can find drawings, a range of hull numbers, specs and more. The book is written by Jerry Conrad, the Chris-Craft Archivist at The Mariners' Museum.
Answer: For boats built after 2001, you can register your boat for access to the owner section of our Web site. Manuals for our current models are available there.
We do not have specific owner's manuals for boats prior to 2001, but we have scanned OMC's basic manual into a PDF. You may download it here.
Answer: For models built prior to 2001, visit www.ChrisParts.com or www.marine-sales.com. For models built in 2001 or later, please contact your dealer.
Answer: Visit www.spectrumcolor.com or www.minicraft.com. If your boat is still within the warranty period, your dealer will also have touch-up gel coat.
Answer: We highly recommend you use a trusted canvas shop or auto trim shop close to where you do your boating. Patterns and materials for out-of-production models are not avaialble.
Answer: We support any efforts to be environmentally conscious. However, we're still working with our vendors to determine how alternative fuels will affect the performance of our boats. From what we can tell, fuel tanks made from poly and aluminum work well, but in older models that have fiberglass tanks, the fuel can damage the containers.